View all pics (7)
Land Rover Series 2a, 1967 *Maggie*
Location: Scotland - Inverness
Swap Value: £15.000+
Land Rover Series 2a, Diesel 1967 (Maggie)
Maggie is all original 88 type and was first bought in 1967 in the outskirts of Glasgow, then sold to a buyer in Aberdeenshire, where she travelled to Ireland to spend most of her years, and over the Irish sea to the Highlands of Scotland.
Maggie has had good Series owners and has been maintained in dry storage, so she’s has never needed a rebuild. Dealers not welcome as I would like to know she goes to a sympathetic home and not sit in a forecourt.
For the last 10 years I have owned Series Land Rovers and Maggie is the best by far. Time for her to move on, sadly. It is a genuine reluctant sale, as I really want to move onto another project being a Toyota would you believe.
Maggie is MOT and tax exempt, and after doing a chassis number check she was an introductory model in 1967 featuring the headlights on the wings; 5 years before the Series 3 was introduced.
On original chassis and bulkhead. Last MOT was 2018 and happy to MOT prior to sale if you wish.
There is 68k on the 2.25l diesel engine which includes newly fitted glow plugs with uprate wiring for easy start, sump gasket and rocker cover, oil and filter, diesel filter and fuel pump and gaskets.
What has Maggie got? Well….
• Full original military-grade canvas roof that has just been newly water sealed
• Twin fuel tanks with switchover tap just to the front of the drive seat to switch form one tank to another – easy to switch over as you drive. All plumbed and fitted.
• Roamer overdrive that was recently fitted with new transfer cooling plate for extra cooling
• Full hard top with rear door with new rubber seals all round
• Leather wrap steering wheel.
• Comes with original wheel with new tyre that has never been used for the bonnet. Original wheel and new tyre to the rear also.
• Matching Avon tyres all round.
• All doors are locking with the same key. Doors open and shut nice and tight like new.
• Comes with original jack and handle which are sitting with a tow rope under the middle seat tray (very rare to have middle seat tray).
Many new parts but I can’t remember them to list so I’ve done my best….
• New brake shoes all round
• New door tops on both sides
• New Hydra interior soundproofing kit to be fitted – can do this prior to selling.
• New swivel ball and housing o/s and n/s
• New relay ballister
• New rear seats and frames
• New metal plates front and rear with a spare if you decide to tow
• New military-style heating taps
• Smiths uprated heater
• New uprated headlights, new indicator and brake light cover – front and rear
• New leaf springs and shocks all round
• New interior seating – deluxe models
Maggie will come ready for her new home with a box of spares and folder full of receipts for work carried out over the years.
Anything Maggie has needed has been done at no expense and by all appearances, she looks like she has only been caught in the rain a few times which is amazing considering she is 53 years young. So as you would expect she drive is tight and responsive, with steering and braking on point.
Maggie is priced realistically at £15,000, and potential swappers will not be disappointed.
If you are a genuine swapper and Land Rover fan, you are welcome to get in touch. Maggie is also for sale. Swap for ?